If these values are important to you and your spouse, then Collaborative divorce is apt to be an option for you that will work:
- If you want to maintain an atmosphere of respect, even when you disagree.
- If you want to keep the needs of your children and their future in your minds.
- If you believe your needs and those of your spouse are of equal value, and you will listen objectively.
- If you can accept that working creatively and cooperatively resolves more issues in the long run.
- If it’s important to move beyond the frustration and pain of today to plan for the future.
- If you can treat your spouse ethically.
- If you choose to maintain control of the divorce process with your spouse and not delegate it to an impersonal court of law.
- If you want to leave this divorce process healthier than when you entered it.