Is Collaborative Divorce Right for You
No single approach is right for everyone and divorce is a sensitive personal matter. Many people do find the collaborative divorce process less destructive than conventional litigation.
The alternate dispute resolution process offered by our independent interdisciplinary collaborative attorneys, divorce coaches and financial professionals brings many advantages:
- Our professionals share with you and your spouse an incentive to make the collaborative process work:
- We have not succeeded unless we help you create a win-win solution.
- We are “out of a job” if the process breaks down.
- Both you and your spouse have skilled advisors at every stage of the process who understand how to forge creative settlements.
- Neither of you is ever on your own; our professionals are at your side, explaining issues and supporting the achievement of your goals by mutual involvement and agreement.
- All parties in the process agree in advance to work only toward an agreement that meets the best interests of the post-divorce family.
- Both of you direct your intelligence and energy toward creative problem-solving rather than toward revenge or recrimination.
- Game-playing and taking advantage are not permitted.